Sunday, January 23, 2011

I love this Man

I am lying here in bed. Just woke up from a wonderful Sunday afternoon nap with my husband, who is still snoozing away. I don't think in the past almost year that we have been married, he has ever woke up before me. I sleep like a 50 year old woman going through menopause, so I am up all the time in the night and a nap is almost impossible! haha! Which I actually don't mind, I love to be the first up. These few minutes before he wakes up are one of my favorite times of the day... Garrett looks so cute and peaceful when he is sleeping!... minus the random loud air gasping snore here or there, and the strange whole body twitch that comes and goes from time to time. I cant count the amount of times he has accidentally flung his arm into my face while sleeping! The kid has a killer right hook while dreaming! But nevertheless, like I was saying- its such a perfect time of day when the house is quiet and still and all I can hear is the sound of our breathing. Its the moments like these that I realize how blessed I am to have him in my life. And how thankful I am for our marriage and the loving bond we share! :) I cant imagine my life without him in it, he is such a big part of me and who I am.

There is this amazing verse in the bible about love that I am literally obsessed with! On Garrett and my first anniversary I made him a blanket and I stitched this quote onto it. And in many birthday or valentines cards that I've givin to gar over the past years, I have written this quote within them. We even put this verse into our wedding vows . Almost every single time I hear it I get the chills and the first person that comes to my mind is Garrett.


Love is patient, love is kind.
It does not envy.
Love is never boastful, nor conceited, nor rude;
It is not self-seeking , nor easily angered.
it keeps not record of wrongdoing.
It does not delight in evil,
But rejoices in the truth.
It always protects, trust, always hopes and always preserves.
-1 Corinthians 13: 4-7
There is nothing love cannot face;
There is no limit to it's faith, hope and endurance.
In a word there are three things that last forever:
Faith, Hope, and Love;
But the greatest of them all is love.
Sorry for the mushey lovey dovey... but I want this blog to be a sort of journal of my life. So maybe in a month, a year, or 10 years down the road from now - when there is a day that he is making me mad, I can look back to this to remember the reasons that I love him so much!

Gar- I know you hardly ever read anything I post on here. So if you never see this thats just fine but if you ever do come across this post, know that I love you. I love everything about who you are. I am so excited to spend the next 80 plus years by your side!

No comments:

Post a Comment