Sunday, November 7, 2010

Update

Okay, so I've got a pretty exciting update on the house! The home inspection has been done and it went perfect! I could not have asked for it to go any better. There were a few things here and there that could use updating but absolutely nothing major. I was so so excited to hear that. And in the inspection we were able to find out something pretty crazy about the house. The inspector took us into one of the bedrooms where the attic access is and started talking about some secret room. Garrett and I must have had pretty confused looks on our faces, because the inspector stopped what he was saying after a while and was like "no, seriously- there is a secret room up in the attic!" Haha apparently the people who live there built a some weird secret room up in the attic. Its complexity dry walled in and has a fire alarm. I told Garrett if he ever makes me mad that's where he has to sleep! ;) Pretty weird, but we'll take it- I guess I can hide up there if anyone breaks into our house!

The appraisal has also been done and came in higher than what we are buying it for, so that made us both very happy! We found our homeowners insurance and the loan has been sent off to underwriting- we are on our way! Our mortgage broker told us we will be signing by the 19th or sooner. I am so freaken excited I cant even wait!! I have started packing a little here and there but I think its time to kick our butts in gear and get that apartment packed up because we are almost out of there!! Woo Hoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment